Friday, January 6, 2017

My Photography Year in Review - 2016

2016 was a good year for me, photographically and generally.

On January 1, I retired from my position as a College administrator.  This gives me more time for photography.

In March I traveled to Spain to photograph the Holy Week traditions in León.  I also had the opportunity to eat lots of tapas, and blog about my experiences during my stay.

In the Fall, I had a photography show with a number of my works on display at the Yellow Moon Cafe, through the Anthill Gallery.

Below are some to the highlights from this year.

The Eyes of Santa Nonia is an image from my coverage of the Holy Week in León.  This photo was selected as a finalist in the prestigious Black & White Spider Awards. It was also part of my Fall exhibition.

If you're interested in the traditions of the Spanish Holy Week, check out the 10 blog entries I wrote in March and April of 2016, starting here.
I also wrote about and photographed Spanish tapas.
Spanish street scenes are always fun.
I also photographed scenes closer to home.  This is from my hometown just before the 4th of July.
Another Illinois scene not too far from home.

I found this while checking out local back roads.
The Headrest Barbershop on Michigan Avenue in Chicago was a street photography find as I was walking with my family.
Please feel free to check out posting from my blog from 2016 or any of the past years.  You might also enjoy viewing my website at:  www.tombellart.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment