Wednesday, December 27, 2017

My Photography Year in Review - 2017

2017 has been another good year for my photography.  On January 1st, I will have been retired from my position as a college administrator for two years. My retirement has certainly given me more time for photography.

This year, I traveled to Greece, Turkey, and Spain.  I'm currently writing this post from Guatemala.

Here are a few of my favorite images I've taken in 2017.

Medieval and Modern - This image is from León, Spain. In the background in the city's famed Gothic cathedral. In the foreground is a mural on the side of a building.  Somehow they work together.  This image can be seen in the Shrode Gallery at the Mitchell Museum in Mt. Vernon, Illinois through the end of the year. (You can click on all images in this blog for a larger view.)

This Orthodox priest was resting with his dog at the Monastery of Agios Panteleimonas on the Island of Tilos.
The Priest in black &white
Old wooden Greek fishing boats,called kaikis, are quickly disappearing as the days of the lone fisherman are giving way to large-scale industrial fishing.
Glandular Globe-Thistles grown on rocky outcroppings throughout the Agean.
A man enjoys the view.
Here, you've seen a few of my photographs from 2017.  There's still a few days left in the year, so there may be more.  However, check out my blog on December 31 for my special New Year's Eve entry.

You can view my fine art photography website at: www.tombellart.com.

This blog has been named one of the top 75 fine art photography blogs on the planet.





No comments:

Post a Comment