Saturday, January 31, 2015

I Liked Their Faces

I'm often asked why I chose this person or that person as a subject for my images.  Almost all of my fine art work is street photography.  That means that I walk around looking for the perfect subject, or that the subject comes to me.  I never ask anyone to pose.  Seldom are those I photography aware that their image is being captured.  For me, it ensures spontaneity, a slice of life that is lost once someone becomes aware enough to start posing.

"I liked their faces," is often the answer as to why I chose certain subjects.  That is certainly true of the men in the image below.  A father and son, possibly, sitting on the sidewalk in Santiago Atitlan, Guatemala on a busy market Sunday this January.

Click on the photo for a larger image.
I'll have more images of faces I liked in coming posts.

You can view my website at:  tombellart.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment